The Wacker Neuson RT trench roller with the SC3 infrared-remote control offers proven compaction results with safer operation. The smart control uses an infrared signal with line-of-sight control. The machine stops moving and vibrating should the line-of-sight be lost or if the operator comes within three feet (one meter) of the roller’s receiving eyes with the control box. The articulated trench roller offers below the axle exciter in each drum to allow for the efficient transfer of compaction energy to the soil for superior compaction results.
For 2022 this model and the Kubota eng has been discontinued and replaced only by the new Wacker item #5100057010 with the Kohler eng.
If looking for a model in Patriot physical stock, please see the below unit. Serious inquiries only please.
Wacker Neuson-RTxSC3 Brochure (click for pdf)
- Patented three receiving eye design eliminates signal loss from trench shoring while retaining the line-of-sight control of the roller. With 16 channel transmission, multiple rollers can be operated on the same jobsite without interference from one another.
- RTx model offers flexible drums that allows for convenient conversion from 32 in/82 cm to 22in/56 cm. The easy to remove extensions have a central mounting system that protects the bolts from exposure to damage during operation.
- The articulated joint increases maneuverability and the low center of gravity improves stability. High and low compaction force provides flexibility depending on the job.
- The lower end is completely maintenance-free due to the self-lubricating design of the drive and the exciter.
- The engine control module with diagnostic LEDs monitors machine functions such as oil pressure, radiator level, engine temperature, glow plug, battery and air filter capacity for easy operation and troubleshooting.
|Operating weight lb||3,235|
|L x W x H in||73 x 32 x 50|
|Drum diameter in||20.5|
|Width Drum in||22 / 32*|
|Centrifugal force (min.) lbf||7,700|
|Centrifugal force (max.) lbf||15,400|
|Linear force static (per drum) lb/in||56.2|
|Linear force dynamic (per drum) lb/in||258|
|Travel speed forward mph||1.5|
|Travel speed reverse mph||1.5|
|Turning radius inner in||63|
|Surface capacity max. (depending on soil consistency) ft²/h||10,654|
|Gradeability max. (without vibration) %||50|
|Gradeability max. (with vibration) %||50|
Engine / Motor
|Engine / Motor type||Water-cooled 3-cylinder diesel engine with electric starter|
|Engine / Motor manufacturer||Kubota D902|
|Operating performance (DIN ISO 3046)hp||20.8|
|RPM / speed Operating rpm||3,000|
|Fuel type Low Sulfer / Ultra Low Sulfer||Diesel|
|Fuel consumption US gal/h||1.2|
|Tank capacity US gal||6.3|
Third infrared receiving eye
A prominently placed infrared receiving eye on top of the Trench Roller ensures that the remote control contact is maintained permanently, even in the trench shoring.
|Below the axle exciter in each drum: means more efficient transfer of compaction energy to the soil and improved stability of the machine.||The articulated joint enables continuous operation around curved building segments.|
Compatec – Compaction Control
The RTx models are available with Compatec, Wacker Neuson’s compaction control.
If the number of lights no longer increases,